About the East Midlands International Trade Association
The East Midlands International Trade Association (emita) is an independent not for profit association established to promote international trade and export expertise amongst the region's businesses.
Your network, your growth
As a membership association we assist businesses to become more effective in international markets through the delivery of our monthly events programme. This provides a platform where the region's businesses involved in, or aspiring to, international trade can network, learn together and share a wealth of experiences to help grow their business.
The future prosperity of the East Midlands will not come from domestic markets alone, and an increasing number of companies are now beginning to think about exporting their goods and services to new markets overseas. Becoming a member of emita will open doors to expertise and support which will assist you to tackle the challenges and develop your international trade aspirations further.
| Our mission is to:
- Create an environment where businesses can learn from each other
- Share and disseminate up-to-date information of general and specific interest to international trade practitioners
- Enhance the competitiveness and professionalism of East Midlands businesses generally
- Encourage best practice and business excellence in the international arena
- Support companies new to international trade to develop sustainable business
Sponsored by the UK Trade & Investment and Nelsons Solicitors, emita attracts members from companies involved in all aspects of international trade including manufacturing, distribution, services, sport and the arts.
If you have any difficulty using this site or if you have any feedback please email using the form on our contact page.