EMITA offers a host of benefits to its members including peer-to-peer meetings and networking opportunities, access to experienced exporters and those engaged in international trade, the opportunity for members to profile their business through the EMITA website, as well as a host of additional member benefits.
To find out more about EMITA and learn what some of our members have to say about being part of such an organisation please watch this short video.
To learn more about EMITA’s range of exclusive additional Member Benefits please scroll down this page
Enjoy these exclusive benefits when you become a member of EMITA.
- A FREE one hour mentoring session with one of our EMITA Directors best placed to help advise you/your business with its current export challenges and opportunities
- FREE EMITA event attendance for 2 attendees from the same company at each of our events
- Members’ only exclusive events
- The opportunity to showcase your business on our online Members’ Showcase including link to your company website
- A country and sector factsheet courtesy of the Midlands Enterprise Europe Network
- 5% discount on all Institute of Export (IOE) training courses
- 15% discount on Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre bed and breakfast rate of the day for EMITA members and their guests. Click this link to book
- EMITA member Anthony James Insurance Brokers are offering the following EMITA Member Benefits:
- 10% discount off the gross written premium
- Fee free policies
- Bespoke claims service: where possible, Anthony James Insurance Brokers will designate specific loss adjusters, who will take the time to understand your business prior to any claims occurring thereby ensuring that claims are dealt with efficiently and effectively if/when they occur
- Free insurance health-check/review for every EMITA member
Exclusive PAB Languages Offers
Complimentary non-obligatory website check
Multi-lingual website is a website where the content is written in more than one language. The information displayed in different languages is often the same but should be tailored for different audiences.
Website localisation isn’t simply translating a text; it is adapting it to the local culture. Internationalising is moving a site from single-language focus to a more flexible, global perspective. Here are our tips for internationalisation and localisation of your website and web application.
We suggest to our clients that they:
- Leave extra space – The length of words varies from language to language. Content written in one language may take up more or less space on the page than another language.
- Don’t use machine translations – translation tools, are not natural speakers and often their translations sound that way.
- Avoid abbreviations – some languages do not have abbreviations (e.g. Japanese, Arabic).
- Plan for right-to-left – some languages read from right to left, so if your application is in languages like Greek or Hebrew, plan for the layout to be reversed.
- Be aware of punctuation and symbols – rules for punctuation differ from one language to another.
- Be aware of colours – in some countries, red means love. In others, war.
- Be aware of icons – like colours, don’t assume an image means the same in different cultures.
The culture-focused website is your passport to international business.
If you would like to book a free website check, please contact Ruta Rubina.
Telephone: 07834 453 283
The complimentary website check is available exclusively to EMITA Members during the British summer season, and from 1st September 2019 charge of £429 + VAT per language will apply.
Complimentary Discovery Session
PAB Languages are pleased to announce that we now offer EMITA members a complimentary 60-minutes Discovery Session with the Director, Iwona Lebiedowicz to understand your challenges and immediate needs and to explore what services will benefit you and your organisation.
The session can include:
- Current Internal and External Communication strategy
- Review your tone and communications to fit the target audience
- Understand the business culture in the target market
- Manage language differences
- Assess your website readiness for an international audience
We will discuss the areas that you want to improve and identify what outcomes you want to achieve.
Who will benefit?
- Businesses trading internationally
- Companies looking to break into international markets
- Businesses employing multi-lingual workforce
You will be left with practical advice and recommendations in regard to what your business can do straight away, as well as potential long-term solutions.
BOOK YOUR Free Discovery Session NOW
Regular price: £ 180.00 + VAT. For more info about the services or to secure Free Discovery Session (offer valid until 30th August 2019 exclusively for EMITA Members) please call Andreea on 01205 310 004.