The directors of the Association have convened the 2018 AGM of the Association to be held at Leicestershire County Cricket Club, Grace Rd, Leicester LE2 8AD, on Wednesday, at 7th November at 5.30 pm. You can view the notice convening the AGM here.
The purpose of this meeting is to lay the accounts for the year ending the 31st March 2018 before the Association’s members and to consider the reappointments proposed as resolutions contained in the notice of the meeting. You can view the agenda for the meeting here.
Adriaan Vickery and Simon Beardsley are retiring by rotation as directors in accordance with the provisions of Article 13.1 of the Association’s Articles of Association and, being eligible, are offering themselves for re-election as directors.
Louis Harman and David Hooper, who were appointed as directors by the Board in accordance with the provisions of Article 13.6 of the Association’s Articles of Association and, being eligible, are offering themselves for re-election as directors.
Shortly after the AGM members can join leading East Midlands businesses and media commentators for this highly interactive International Trade & Customs Post-Brexit event. There will be a presentation by David on the ‘current’ options that are being discussed regarding the UK’s trade relationship with the EU.
Event will look at:
- Analysis of UK government customs proposal
- Other options including a ‘Hard Brexit’ WTO scenario
- How these options would work in practical terms for importers and exporters
- Steps business can take to prepare
- AEO (Authorised Economic Operator)
Who should attend?
- Managers/Directors with responsibility for trade and customs
- Financial/Supply Chain/Logistics Managers
- Import/ Export Administrators
- Those involved in export sales
- Anyone wanting to understand the UK’s options for trade and customs post-Brexit
18:00 EMITA Chairman, Adriaan Vickery F.I.Ex welcomes attendees
18:05 – 18:45 David Hooper – Company Director, Independent Freight Solutions Ltd – International Trade & Customs
18:45 – 19:00 Louis Harman – Head of Business Immigration – Chattertons Solicitors
19:00 Q&A and Discussion
19:30 Event closes
For more information view our event leaflet.